An electric fence is a barrier used to keep your animals safe and unwanted animals out of gardens and other landscapes you want to protect. Electric fencing is also ideal for grazing or pasture management as it contains animals on a selected area of pasture or crop.
It consists of the following components:
- Fence energiser – emits a current pulse.
- Conductor – tape, (plastic) wire, High Tensile or Equifence for conducting the power.
- Posts – for fitting the conductor.
- Insulators – insulate the power from the wooden or iron posts, so that it won’t flow to the ground.
- Earthing – conducts the power back to the energiser when the conductor is touched. This creates a loop.